Cardiff Aircooled Volkswagen Club!

Club meet 1st Wednesday of the month at the Aneurin Bevan pub, on the A470 Manor Way/North Rd by the Gabalfa flyover

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

big bang

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:25 pm

weena wrote:
whats the score here then guys?

my car still isnt finished as im racing ahead with uni work - and im cashless - so if i can get all my work done by this weekend i can spend the weekend down the lock up and when i get paid on monday i can order all the bits to finish

ive got a funny feeling something terrible is going to happen and i wont be able to finish it in time so if thats the case im out but we might as well formulate a plan anyways Very Happy

weena youve got to get the oval ready for next weekend, could call round one night if it helps.
currently qualified in tea making and passing spanners if that is any good mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:27 pm

Matty wrote:
I'm still well up for it - and i'll most likely have a spare seat too - if you want it mate Smile

Convoy friday morning then, leaving around 10am?

sound's good to the barry massive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matty
Admin
Matty

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:51 pm

I think sunday might be a session day down the lock up dude - and i'm sure weena would LOVE some help!

We started bleeding the brakes today - we should finish them tomorow, but there's rear wing, valance and bonnet to finish paint and fit, then interior, runing boards, trim, some glass... exhaust, wiring!! we'll just kick my beetle out into the lane and crack on with the oval!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home&__a=1#!/profile.ph
weena
dubber

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 3:43 pm

Matty wrote:
I think sunday might be a session day down the lock up dude - and i'm sure weena would LOVE some help!

We started bleeding the brakes today - we should finish them tomorow, but there's rear wing, valance and bonnet to finish paint and fit, then interior, runing boards, trim, some glass... exhaust, wiring!! we'll just kick my beetle out into the lane and crack on with the oval!

now that sounds like a plan - its not really as much as it sounds

rear wing will be on tomorrow as will the rear valance - bonnet will be in primer awaiting paint on saturday - need to fit the glass finish the wiring off on a couple of bits to faff around with on the inside

ill try and get the engine wired up tomorrow and hopefully by sunday night ill be pretty much done

just need to fit the exhaust, body trim and a few other bits next week then(have to order them next day on monday morning) arghhhhh affraid

taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:19 am

can't make sunday, but can make one night next week if that's any good mate let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weena
dubber

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 6:41 am

we need a plan of attack!

taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:52 am

weena wrote:
we need a plan of attack!

tell me about it i havent got my bus back yet,
my mates two week old new engine that he just forked out for has just blown the head gasket.
the way its going i will have to take the 15 odd year old nissan sunny pale
how r things going your end mate?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weena
dubber

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:03 am

umm sketchy - got a load of parts coming by courier tomorrow to finish it - but its finding the time to squeeze it in around all my final pieces of coursework Sad

nightmare at the moment

just need to bleed the brakes and test the wiring (and finish it) and then just a few bits of body work etc

then sort the ride height out - prob get it tracked as best i can do first im determined to get there now tho

weena
dubber

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 4:46 am

right ive been messed around left right and center - what does that mean anyway!

parts are coming in bits and pieces and thats not good at all - ive got work tomorrow night as it was too good an oportunity to turn down - after handing in my coursework today im going to be heading to the garage - and leaving when ive finished everything!!!

weena
dubber

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:02 am

right im off down the garage for a long assed - get my car ready for big bang session

if i do get this thing running would it be possible for someone to take up 2 tents with them?

matty might be riding in the back seat as he doesnt have a ride up to big bang - and im not sure my car can take all the weight Wink

keep your fingers and toes crossed

on a nicer note - the stinger arrived Very Happy

taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:17 pm

good luck with the car weena hope you got it done.
i have had a mannic week with work, got the bus back late last night and then in work for 4 this morning got home this afternoon planning on shitting miracles that hasent happend so i guess me and jo have a busy morning, planning on leaving barry at 10am with my mate and his girlfriend if they take there car then could take tents for you mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weena
dubber

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:45 pm

dude gimme a shout if u get this - 07980 853 311

taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:06 pm

sorry mate didnt get message, hope you had a good one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
weena
dubber

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:49 am

taffy apple wrote:
sorry mate didnt get message, hope you had a good one.

ahh never mind - we had a great time at the pod yet again Smile

we went in search for you a few times but some how missed the bus totally Sad

taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 4:02 am

we were parked in cattle class opposite the music tent, will try and be more organised next time.
was good to watch the racing saw fastest barn door, i think he run 12.5 second pass and fastest street leagal record do 190mph at the quarter.
good to see stretch's ghia on the strip paint looked awsome in the sun.
did get to catch up with a few of the club members to, Cool weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

big bang - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: big bang   big bang - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

big bang
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2