Cardiff Aircooled Volkswagen Club!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Aircooled Volkswagen Club!

Club meet 1st Wednesday of the month at the Aneurin Bevan pub, on the A470 Manor Way/North Rd by the Gabalfa flyover

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?

Go down 
+6
Rod 912
weena
BILLABUS76
Chris
stretch
Dude
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dude
Admin

So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Empty
PostSubject: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 4:45 am

As no ones posted on here for a while, I thought I'd start a general thread to see what you been up to instead! Smile

So, let us know, what VW related stuff have you all been up to then?

I'll start the ball rolling! This week I have showroomed me garage, I have had a go at getting some duel carbs running right on Wenna's car (still not right yet!), I have done the points and timing on Marks car (which is wicked! Smile), and I have painted all the suspension components on Nat's splitty! Smile

So what ya all been up to?!

Dude Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.dudesbeetle.com
stretch
dubber

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 5:04 am

Nothing.
Back to top Go down
Chris
dubber

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:01 am

Ive sat in my van and had a cup of tea, cos I can now. Ive also gone through the Valley of the lost, I mean my spare room and looked at what bits I'll be selling soon. Some very shiney bits and some quite rare bits too. If any one wants any thing they think I might have Let me know. Got one and half garages to go through as well. Im sure Ive got a compulsive collecting disorder!
Oh and hello cos Ive not posted before have I.
Ive also found the spare 100 - odd club stickers. Although they say .com instead of .co.uk. But you could always cross that bit out Very Happy .I'll bring them to the next meet incase anyone should want them.
pig farao clown elephant these things are cool
Back to top Go down
Chris
dubber

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:02 am

Although the elephant looks rude
rendeer
Back to top Go down
BILLABUS76
dubber
BILLABUS76

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:15 am

Trying to clear a garage out to get the bug in and finally get some work done on it, but in the middle of moving out of my flat aswell so chaos! along with being ill !!! damn it Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 6:28 pm

right this week i have mostly been stressing out

as dude has already said we have been trying to sort out some nice italian made twin weber 36 idfs - the problem was an air leak on the inlet manifold where the carbs fouled the fan housing

i have also ripped out the rear end - taken off the rear wings decklid and valance to get access to the gearbox and engine -

i have fitted rhino gearbox mounts and given it all a good clean - next week will see the addition of semaphores a new fan housing and an alternator then its time to iron out the kinks ready for the slough swop meet

then i will be heading back into the garage to prep the car for paint

im gonna have a very busy few months on the lead up to dubfreeze and volksworld which are 2 shows i HAVE to go to Smile
Back to top Go down
Rod 912
dubber

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 6:08 am

i drove past a vw garage yesterday
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 8:42 am

in your merc?
Back to top Go down
Rod 912
dubber

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 10:51 am

weena wrote:
in your merc?

afro
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 6:00 am

nice to see you last night rod - ill have to take you for a blast in the beetle once everythings sorted - Smile
Back to top Go down
shavenone
dubber

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 12:30 pm

been supplying mark with bits and cutting up a bug oh and iya dude
Back to top Go down
Dude
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:11 am

Rod 912 wrote:
i drove past a vw garage yesterday

If you want directions to where your lock up and Porsche is dude let me know, I'll draw you a map. Smile

Dude Cool
Back to top Go down
Dude
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:13 am

shavenone wrote:
been supplying mark with bits and cutting up a bug oh and iya dude

Yeah Mark said he's been up ta see you dude!

Good to hear from ya, hope all is well fella! Smile

Dude Cool
Back to top Go down
taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:10 am

vw related, ive done nothing
house related, the wood burners in sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Matty
Admin
Matty

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 5:00 am

This week i 'ave mostly been Razz

Helping weena rip his car apart, then put it back together with added shiney bits Very Happy the semaphores really finish it off Cool and the carbs are ace Very Happy got them sealing to the heads properly now, but thats running without a fanhousing, so that needs finding!!

Also been totally overhauling the rear brakes on Matt's mk1 golf, fixing the blowing exhaust, adjusting the throttle cable, being confused by how the hell auto 'boxes work :p gotta take the petrol tank out tomorow and do some welding on it Shocked eeek!!

also brushed past my camper in the garage, and more rust fell out Embarassed it now has no lower front arch.. it's a pile of rust on the floor Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home&__a=1#!/profile.ph
weena
dubber

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:37 pm

you didnt brush past it dude you just looked at it

i swear everytime i look at it something else falls off - im trying to keep my eyes away so there is something to work on Smile
Back to top Go down
Matty
Admin
Matty

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:29 am

har har!

No
Back to top Go down
Dude
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 2:17 pm

Nat brought a mini! Very Happy

So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Dsc00710

Dude Cool
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 12:04 am

not the least bit volkswagen related but - cooool Smile

tub the arches and bang some new mini wheels on - ive been thinking thats the best way to go Smile
Back to top Go down
Matty
Admin
Matty

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 12:49 am

Wow Very Happy cool mini Very Happy loving that Cool

skillz Razz
Back to top Go down
Dude
Admin

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:09 am

weena wrote:
not the least bit volkswagen related but - cooool Smile

tub the arches and bang some new mini wheels on - ive been thinking thats the best way to go Smile

LOL! Laughing Not sure she'd go for that!

However, you never know! At the moment its in classic cooper trim, right down to every details, even the ali 'GB' badges on the boot lid. However, Nat suddenly decided she didnt like the 'GB' badge, and ripped them off! What a hethen!! Laughing

Saying that she want to cover the lush leather seat with a furry car covers! What is wrong with her!! Laughing

Dude Cool
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:22 am

itll keep the leather looking good tho dude Smile

u might as well crack out the grinder Smile
Back to top Go down
Matty
Admin
Matty

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:49 am

furry car covers! will they be like a pink shagpile? Razz
Back to top Go down
kafer-k
dubber
kafer-k

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:22 am

This week I've mostly been spraying, filling and sanding my bug wings in the lounge Laughing and finally got round to doing the glow plugs in my Peugeot Boxer ready to be sold for the T4 purchase. Also been replacing the glass in the Passat where some tea-leafs broke in Evil or Very Mad

We're looking forward to meeting some of you peeps on the 5th as we've just moved to Cardiff. Our 65 bug is currently taking up garage space at my folks place after eviction from my girlfriends parents garage where it had been sat for the last 14 years! Plan is to get it on the road by Xmas and bring it down this way but a bit worried about parking it in the street. Anyone know of secure garages to rent?

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=504023
weena
dubber

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 9:58 am

welcome dude

on the garage front u can contact the council directly and they might be able to point you in the right direction

if i see anything ill post it up Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?   So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So what VW realted stuff have you been up to then?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next