Cardiff Aircooled Volkswagen Club!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Aircooled Volkswagen Club!

Club meet 1st Wednesday of the month at the Aneurin Bevan pub, on the A470 Manor Way/North Rd by the Gabalfa flyover

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My beetle - the next stage

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
weena
dubber

My beetle - the next stage Empty
PostSubject: My beetle - the next stage   My beetle - the next stage Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:31 pm

Subaru Power Begins here

Right 2.2 litre subaru legacy engine is getting collected on saturday in exchange for my engine

The engine comes with:

exhaust system
fuel pump
inverted throttle body
reveresed coolant pipes
modified subaru loom to suit vw beetle/camper

then next week the vw gearbox to subaru enging flywheel and adaptor arrive

the engine will be fully serviced cleaned and detailed when it arrives - head gaskets will be replaced and possibly some polishing of the head will take place depending on funds

I already have a rad+fan which was in the jetta this will be front mounted where the spare wheel normally lives - the front valance will be cut to allow air into the rad and cold air feeds will come from the horn grills on the wings

coolant pipes (copper or steel) will run the length of the car to allow the water to travel to and from the engine

after the engine is fitted and turning over i will then concentrate on the body of the car - after volksworld showed the car ive decided to keep it matt black with all the red as it is now just get it all nice and straight and as flawless as possible

then just need to get it all mapped up and ready to roll

the rear suspension is getting raised up as the camber is too much for all that power

- the front brakes will be converted to disks with dropped spindles and possibly a narrowed beam around easter 2009 - unless i do get called up for the volksworld show (which has already been applied for - just waiting to get the all go depending on how the works going)

all in all fucking stoopidly long post but ive got a plan and i cant move away from it

ETA Sunday 22nd Feb (not the so-wal meet tho) ill be off to dubfreeze for the first show of the year
Back to top Go down
shavenone
dubber

PostSubject: Re: My beetle - the next stage   My beetle - the next stage Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:24 am

wouldnt mind checking out the harness b4 ya fit 01443 227610
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

PostSubject: Re: My beetle - the next stage   My beetle - the next stage Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 12:25 pm

yeah not problems man - im not getting it this weekend now will be the weekend after the guy im getting it off is away Sad
Back to top Go down
taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

PostSubject: Re: My beetle - the next stage   My beetle - the next stage Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 3:30 am

are you still planning on racing the beetle next year in the vwdrc?
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

PostSubject: Re: My beetle - the next stage   My beetle - the next stage Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 11:04 am

at the moment yes

see how much this conversion costs me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My beetle - the next stage   My beetle - the next stage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My beetle - the next stage
Page 1 of 1