Cardiff Aircooled Volkswagen Club!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Aircooled Volkswagen Club!

Club meet 1st Wednesday of the month at the Aneurin Bevan pub, on the A470 Manor Way/North Rd by the Gabalfa flyover

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

European Bug In 3

Go down 
+2
Matty
weena
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
weena
dubber

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 3:07 pm

whos in then guys?

last year was amazing and it can only get better as more and more people go

tickets are around 35 euros each with ferrys costing about 15- 20 quid each way

so for 2 people in 1 car its less than 100 quid for travel and a weekend pass - all u need then is petrol and food for the weekend

im planning to go out on the thursday again to set up camp and have a great weekend of it - the show runs from 3rd July to the 5th and i plan to return home late on the monday

well worth the money in my opinion and its only 120 miles for the ferry port Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty
Admin
Matty

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:43 am

I'm in. No idea what i'll be driving, but i'm in regardless Razz

So gutted i missed it last year, GOT to do it this year! Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home&__a=1#!/profile.ph
weena
dubber

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:47 am

Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:38 pm

Hello ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls.

I know its early in the year and everyones still getting used to being back in work after the holidays but its time to think to the future...

European Bug In is just around the corner and to get the travel as cheap as possible its best to book as early as possible so i give you the following plan - this is just an outline but here goes

ferry from Dover to Dunkirk on the Thursday 2nd July at 4am

this works out incredibly cheap at this time of year - i would say the best meeting place is the ferry port but we can work out details of individual cruises to the port closer to the date

then i was thinking about the return ferry being at 8pm on the monday - this gives everyone a proper chance to pack down all their gear with out rushing and enough time to hit all the cheap shops for beer wine etc on the way back

the ferry crossing is 2 hours long so we end up in france at 7am local time - with about a maximum drive of 3 hours to the show as its about 120 miles away from port we should arrive around lunch time which is great

the more people on the ferry over the better as itll be great to meet up with people there and have a massive cruise on the way down - if anyone gets stuck there is loads of people to help out

as it stands ferries will cost less than 40 quid for 2 people return which is a bargain so add ticket prices and petrol and its a very cheap 5day holiday with one of the best shows of the year

as this is just a general plan it can change over time and with any luck we will have an amazing European cruise

roll on july

Peter
Back to top Go down
Dean
dubber

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:55 pm

Already booked the ferry and have sent the query off to the campsite. Just need to get my camper "finished" or its 3 of us and the camping gear in the bug. bounce Very Happy If you are leaving cardiff early enough on the same day i would be up for a cruise to dover
Back to top Go down
Matty
Admin
Matty

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:26 pm

Ferry Booked Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:58 pm

well there will be a cardiff aircooled meet so we could all meet up at that and cruise from there - after food of course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty
Admin
Matty

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 1:49 am

Good plan!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Dean
dubber

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:05 am

I'm going to be off on the wednesday so i may be able to get down there for once. Unless my two want to leave earlier.
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:37 pm

Dean wrote:
I'm going to be off on the wednesday so i may be able to get down there for once. Unless my two want to leave earlier.

how come so early dude?

we will be leaving wednesday night for the early hours ferry on the thursday
Back to top Go down
Dean
dubber

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:55 am

I may drive slower and take a few rest stops. Plus with the boy he'll need to get out a bit to quell the boredom. I may also have a kip in the ferry port too because ther's no way i'll sleep on the ferry. But we'll just have too see what happens.
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:59 am

what ferry you aiming for then dude?
Back to top Go down
taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 12:53 pm

weena i like your plan
club meet then cruise to the port sounds cool as fuck
Back to top Go down
Dean
dubber

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm going on the 4 am ferry to Dunkerque
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:10 pm

same as us then dude Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty
Admin
Matty

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Graham - get the ferry booked mate! cost me 38quid or som for the camper and 3 people RETURN! 4am out on thursday, 8pm back on monday Cool would be awesome to have the splitty and/or ghia in the cruise CoolVery Happy
Back to top Go down
taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:01 am

matty who did you book the ferry with and were do you plan to camp? i fancy driving down to the event then just blaging it in the day parking or on the road near the show.
Back to top Go down
Matty
Admin
Matty

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:56 am

http://www.norfolkline.com/ferry/

Dover -> Dunkirk on Thursday 2nd July at 4am

Dunkirk -> Dover on the monday at 8.01pm or something Smile

I've not planned camping yet... i'm yet to decide whether the bay might be worthy of the show and shine... If you're taking EITHER of yours, you should certainly register for the show and shine! Last year there was camping on-site for racers/traders/swapmeeters and s+s entrants Smile hopefully it'll be the same this year Cool

If there's no chance of camping on site, i'll probabaly stay where weena stayed last year... unless we can find a better option Smile
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:12 am

Matty wrote:
http://www.norfolkline.com/ferry/

Dover -> Dunkirk on Thursday 2nd July at 4am

Dunkirk -> Dover on the monday at 8.01pm or something Smile

I've not planned camping yet... i'm yet to decide whether the bay might be worthy of the show and shine... If you're taking EITHER of yours, you should certainly register for the show and shine! Last year there was camping on-site for racers/traders/swapmeeters and s+s entrants Smile hopefully it'll be the same this year Cool

If there's no chance of camping on site, i'll probabaly stay where weena stayed last year... unless we can find a better option Smile

there is always a better option

registration for the show and shine and racing etc is on the 15th February earlier you book more chance of getting into the campsite on site

that is i ncluding in the ticket cost - the campsite i stayed at last year was 20 euros!!! per night per pitch if i remember correctly

im gonna be taking a huge tent to camp in - and im registering for the show and shine so fingers crossed ill get ring side seats Smile

graham take the split or the ghia dude itll be great to have one of them over there and there definatly show and shine worthy Smile
Back to top Go down
taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:46 pm

looks like we got a convoy, booked ferry earlier today.
will be taking the bus as will be resting the ghia untill money permits to go bigger on the engine.
still need to arrange a day to swop engine and gearbox to the bus.
how many have confirmed for ebi 3?.
Idea hands up who reckons stretch and dude should take there cars to race out there cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:13 pm

taffy apple wrote:
looks like we got a convoy, booked ferry earlier today.
will be taking the bus as will be resting the ghia untill money permits to go bigger on the engine.
still need to arrange a day to swop engine and gearbox to the bus.
how many have confirmed for ebi 3?.
Idea hands up who reckons stretch and dude should take there cars to race out there cheers Very Happy

1 Me and laura in the oval
2 matty and matt in the beetle - *cough* in the bus i mean
3 dean + people in his bus

dude said he was gonna go and so did stretch i think but i doubt theyll take there cars over

graham - tickets for the show go on sale on the 15th FEB - book them then and get the bus in the show and shine

means u can camp next to the site that way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty
Admin
Matty

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:07 pm

*hands up* dude and stretch should definately take the cars! Cool

Great to hear your booked on with us mate! gonna be an awesome trip! Especially with the splitty! Very Happy

I'm still up for helping with the swap mate, if it's all in the garage i'll come up anytime, a couple of evenings if you want Smile if it's outside we'll have to arrange a sunday soon! Cool

and weena - none of that 'bug' stuff, BAY all the way!! Cool
Back to top Go down
taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:24 am

cheers matty
just booked the bus in for next tuesday at raceshack for one of there steering racks so hopefully now i wont rip off the box getting on and off the ferry.
i spoke to ben there and he said if i can get the box out the ghia they can fit it when the bus is getting the steering rack done.
Back to top Go down
taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:46 am

hi matty, i think the garage would be to tight to work in there but we could have a crack on the drive on a sunday if you fancy.
Back to top Go down
Matty
Admin
Matty

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 11:00 am

Yeah as long as it's dry i'll pop over and we can whip it out together Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

European Bug In 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: European Bug In 3   European Bug In 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

European Bug In 3
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next