Cardiff Aircooled Volkswagen Club!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Aircooled Volkswagen Club!

Club meet 1st Wednesday of the month at the Aneurin Bevan pub, on the A470 Manor Way/North Rd by the Gabalfa flyover

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some updates on teh Bus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AxlFoley
dubber

Some updates on teh Bus Empty
PostSubject: Some updates on teh Bus   Some updates on teh Bus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:08 pm

I have never been a big fan of drum brakes and poking my head through the clouds so i decided something had to be done!

Its not quite finished, but this is what i started out with
Some updates on teh Bus P1011616

I then bought and rebuilt these (944 calipers)
Some updates on teh Bus P1012866
to give me this, I also fitted a red 9 design kit that i bought of Matty.
Some updates on teh Bus P1012884
that gave me this!
Some updates on teh Bus P1012886
Unfortunaly to get the bus to roll at that height would require a bit of tubbing, so up it goes Sad
while i was waiting on some braided lines, i decided to fit my rear disks and 4" droped swing arms
Some updates on teh Bus DSC00095

only problem is as nice as it looks I cant get my wheels on! so i either sell my 15s and get a set of 16" rims or well i dot know really lol

I still have the other side to do and sort out some problems with the rear disk kit, but I'm getting there........Slowly!!!
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

PostSubject: Re: Some updates on teh Bus   Some updates on teh Bus Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:22 pm

you cant get the 15s on Sad

gonna have to be 17 inch fuchs then dude Smile

and rub a dub tubbb!
Back to top Go down
AxlFoley
dubber

PostSubject: Re: Some updates on teh Bus   Some updates on teh Bus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:45 am

yeah i cant get them between the arch and the caliper lol Im going to try something different today, if not i may have to get a set of 16" Teledials.
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

PostSubject: Re: Some updates on teh Bus   Some updates on teh Bus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:51 am

16s for the back dude - i saw a split on 15 and 16 inch fuchs looked awesome - and not too odd staggerd
Back to top Go down
Matty
Admin
Matty

PostSubject: Re: Some updates on teh Bus   Some updates on teh Bus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:33 am

Mark - will the disc and hub drop down enough for clearance if you remove the bottom shock bolt? Smile A friend of mine has to do this on his splitty to get the rear wheels on/off Smile

worth a try!

P.S. i'm so jealous! it's going to be amazing Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home&__a=1#!/profile.ph
AxlFoley
dubber

PostSubject: Re: Some updates on teh Bus   Some updates on teh Bus Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:27 am

nah check out the stop near the pivot, its at its lowest point, i may have to grind that away to allow it to drop down more!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some updates on teh Bus   Some updates on teh Bus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some updates on teh Bus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cardiff Aircooled Volkswagen Club! :: Club stuff! :: Members' Rides & Projects-
Jump to: