Cardiff Aircooled Volkswagen Club!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Aircooled Volkswagen Club!

Club meet 1st Wednesday of the month at the Aneurin Bevan pub, on the A470 Manor Way/North Rd by the Gabalfa flyover

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hey I'm new too!!

Go down 
+4
Matty
FOE
taffy apple
mez
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mez
dubber

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:44 am

Hello another newbie to Cardiff's most active forum Laughing

Ok so I have just moved down from London in my Ghia to Cardiff to start a new job in Ty Glas I am looking for a recommendation for a general good garage in the area not that she needs much work but as she is my only car I need some one who will do a good job.

Had my ghia (71 L/H drive coupe) for about 25 years and never really driven any thing else, learnt to drive in her, passed my test in her and havn't stopped driving her

And since its my birthday today I'm offering the first person from the club to spot her out on the streets of Cardiff A PINT Shocked (of beer)
date, time, place and colour to qualify
Cheers
Back to top Go down
taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 6:21 am

welcome
can recomend phil at auto body works in taffs well, have had some work done there before and he's a top bloke.

will keep a look out for your ghia aswell as i like beer drunken
Back to top Go down
FOE
dubber

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 4:20 pm

mez wrote:
Hello another newbie to Cardiff's most active forum Laughing

Ok so I have just moved down from London in my Ghia to Cardiff to start a new job in Ty Glas I am looking for a recommendation for a general good garage in the area not that she needs much work but as she is my only car I need some one who will do a good job.

Had my ghia (71 L/H drive coupe) for about 25 years and never really driven any thing else, learnt to drive in her, passed my test in her and havn't stopped driving her

And since its my birthday today I'm offering the first person from the club to spot her out on the streets of Cardiff A PINT Shocked (of beer)
date, time, place and colour to qualify
Cheers

Hello and Welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mez
dubber

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:09 pm

so, thanks for the welcome n garage info any body going to The Annual Pencoed Show? coz I am and if you were you might have a better chance of getting that Pint Exclamation I have spotted a few V dubs around town 4 waved and one ignored me ... weren't any of you then Question Question Question or you would have claimed that pint
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Matty
Admin
Matty

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 2:54 pm

Welcome! Afraid i may struggle to win the pint as i'm currently on sebaticle in North Wales, but i'll look out for you when i'm home! Smile

I wanna see photos of the Ghia! :p
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home&__a=1#!/profile.ph
mez
dubber

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 1:37 am

Sorry can't show a pic of my Ghia just yet as that would give the game away and you'd ALL be claiming that pint. Razz

... and Matty I do go up to North Wales sometimes you may have seen me all ready during the last few weeks wizzing up and down the A 470 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sam Jelfs
dubber

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:21 am

Is Auto Body Worx still around? tried to call the number on his website a while back and it never rings, even called in to taffs well when I was passing and there was no sign of a garage there, the guys in the unit next door knew nothing either.

Welcome Mez, as for other garages, there is Gavin at Custom Classics in barry, bridgend bug and bus centre, and Celtic Soul in Llandow, though the only one of those I have personally used is Gavin.

and, any chance your ghia is blue / silver, think you passed me at the boulevard-de-nantes / park place junction last week (would have been either tuesday or thursday, about 2pm)... my memory is not so good, I shall try and pay more attention next time.
Back to top Go down
mez
dubber

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:04 am

I got the feeling that Auto body works was no longer too.

There is a chance of a pint Sam but you need to decide whether it was last week or this week when you saw my Ghia on those days coz they don't normally let me out of work at that time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
welshdevils
dubber

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: hey   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:20 pm

ive used bug and bus they good and also new inn motors in brichgove mike top guy there my splittys in there having irs and engine re done, top guys
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:29 am

unfortunatly autobodyworx is no more - its a big shame as the work that was coming out of there was outstanding but i guess things are tight cash wise and trying to make it in automotive restoration is a hard ask at the moment.

there is a garage off woodville road in cathays - cardiff auto care i think - definatly worth popping your head in there - they love cars and one of the guys drives a turbo'd subaru beetle Smile

and i think my girlfriend spotted this blue ghia the other day -
Back to top Go down
taffy apple
dubber
taffy apple

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:54 am

[quote="weena"]unfortunatly autobodyworx is no more - its a big shame as the work that was coming out of there was outstanding but i guess things are tight cash wise and trying to make it in automotive restoration is a hard ask at the moment.

Gutted top bloke, it's a real shame as its hard to find garages you can trust.
Back to top Go down
col
dubber

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:46 am

You dont live on Malefant street by any chance do you? Im at number 143 but havent seen the Ghia for a few weeks
Back to top Go down
weena
dubber

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 1:31 pm

welcome to the slackest vw club in the world also col Smile
Back to top Go down
mez
dubber

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 12:01 pm

Sorry guys I never made it to a club meet and sorry col you could have claimed that pint..... but I sneaked off back to London had to leave Cardiff due bad health Shocked Laughing

Should have been on here much earlier to say I was returning to London sorry about that.

Col you lived next door Shocked and never said hello!!

and that cream Ghia that you spotted weena, I think lives a few streets down from where is was in Malefant street and has been in Cardiff for a few years

Cheers Mez
now taking my Ghia for a spell by the sea side on the isle of Thanet Kent. Already packed the bucket and spades Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey I'm new too!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey I'm new too!!   Hey I'm new too!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey I'm new too!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cardiff Aircooled Volkswagen Club! :: Club stuff! :: Chat-
Jump to: